Sunday, May 07, 2006

Mathematical Enlightenment - The Joy of Measuring

Gwendolyn has this habit of opening either Raymond's or my bedside drawers, looking for adventure. She has been taking a measuring tape from mine, pulling out and retrieving it back into the container, without knowing what exactly this thing is for. Sunday, 7 May 2006, I've decided to tell her how to use a measuring tape, so that she can make some sense out of playing with it. I first asked her to stand still and I measured the circumference of her head. After that, she was all excited and started measuring anything possible. Yes. Literally ANYTHING under the sun! She was measuring the wall, bookshelf, playhouse, the fan, doggy, Ernie, Bert...etc. She was so carried away that she refused to talk to her Gong Gong and Por Por! However, she diligently said "Hi Gong Gong" and "Hi Por Por" clearly and that has made their day!

Watch Gwendolyn Grow

Watch Geraldine Grow