Recently, Mama has been talking to Gwendolyn, discussing about her upcoming birthday in April. What cake does she want to order, how old she is going to be, etc. But she doesn't seemed to accept the fact that having birthday party is a part of growing up and she rejected the idea that she's going to be THREE, instead of being TWO. She was very anxious and concerned about being THREE! When Mama probed further and heard her response, Mama couldn't stop laughing! Here's the excerpt of the conversation:
M: Mama; G: Gwendolyn
M: Growing up is fun, just like the Barney growing up song.
G: No, I don't like growing up.
M: Why? Why don't you want to grow up?
G: Because I want to be chubby chubby!
M: (laughing non-stop) But you can still be chubby chubby when you grow up! Just like Mama...
G: (seemed enlightened) No, I don't want to grow up. I want to be like Di Di, one-year old...
M: But Di Di is going to be TWO soon, like you!
G: No, I want to be cute cute and chubby chubby...
The conversation goes on about her not wanting to become THREE...




