This week, Papa went to Korea for a business trip. Our current arrangement is that whenever Papa travels, Geraldine and maid will stay overnight at grandma, so that Mama only needs to ferry Gwendolyn to and from school. Last night, though Geraldine was already in a sleeping mode in the air-con room, when Mama and Lyn Lyn were about to leave, Geraldine started making some noise and Mama went in to check on her. When Mama went in, Geraldine opened her eyes big big and smiled at Mama, as if wanting to go home together. She continued smiling, holding onto Mama's finger very tightly...but it was getting late and Mama has to bring Lyn Lyn home to prepare for tomorrow. No choice, Mama gave Geraldine a big kiss and left with Lyn Lyn. In the car, Mama had a conversation with Lyn Lyn:
M: Mama; G: Lyn Lyn
M: Do you miss Geraldine?
G: Yes, I miss my mei mei!
M: Really...do you think she wanted to go home with us?
G: Yes. Can we bring her home? I miss my mei mei and I wanted to cry...
M: Are you sure? Don't cry, she will be fine. I wanted to bring her home too, but Mama cannot manage to send mei mei to grandma and then send you to school when Papa is not around
G: I miss my mei mei...
Mama's heart melted, as Mama didn't know that Lyn Lyn loved her mei mei so much! It was so heart-warming to know that!




